People may not know about meaning of red roses but there are lots of significations to it. It is the meaning of love and desire. By screening films it will lead you to true love and desire that is made with various genres and various cinematic techniques and edits. These films allow getting closer with audience emotionally with desire that all human has. Program includes digital film and 16mm films. -KHK
1. Glint Of (Caroline Friend, Color, Sound 1min 46s USC, 2016)
Exploring the intense emotional feelings of isolation.
1. Beat the City (Claudinho Andres, Color Sound, 3min 42s, NY Film Academy, 2016)
Having faced a terrible loss in his personal life, a man fights his agoraphobia seeking for liberation through spirituality.
3. Stagnant (Daniel Mendelson, B&W and Color, Sound, 2min 17s, Emerson College, 2016)
Abrupt motions that show how someone can go through their lives seemingly healthy but be affected by mental struggles under the surface.
- Daniel Mendelson
4. Ambersona (Nicholas Swanton, Color, Sound, 5min 41s, Colombia College Chicago, 2016)
The decay of nostalgia and loss of true memory. Visualization of the concept of forgetting and the folly of the idiomatic rose-tinted glasses.
5. Spanish Sahara (Peiqi Peng, B&W and Color, Silent, 2min 14s, Emerson College, 2016)The pacing of the buildup of emotions before a person cries.
6. 18 memories of two people (Daniel Murphy, Color, Sound, 8min 28s, Calarts, 2016)Interweaving 18 fragmentary autobiographical images, this film is an abstract rumination upon the subject of forgetting.
- Daniel Murphy
7. Ponchartrain (Adam Sekuler, Color, Sound, 4min 8s, University of Colorado, 2016)
Ghostly apparitions are seen walking the banks of the bayou in Louisiana. Trapped in a cyclonic tidal force, these specters are caught between the chemical and physical interaction between the emulsion, the body and the brackish water.
- Adam Sekuler
8. Pink (Mochelle Chen, Color, Sound, 5min 40s, Virginia Commonwealth University, 2016)Pink is narrative video piece that retells themes of nostalgia and disappointment.
9. Alphabet_1 (Jordan Gozinsky, B&W and Color, Sound, 16min 7s, Binghamton University 2016)One’s metamorphosis from being a slave to common thought, into a free mind lacking its chains.
- Jordan Gozinsky
10. Trace and Remembrance (Carl Patow, Color, Sound, 2min 41s, Virginia Commonwealth University, 2016)A trail of petals leads to an unexpected remembrance of the day past, filled with reflection, celebration and joy.
- Carl Patow
11. AEON (Derek O’Dell, Color, Sound, 3min 55s, Chapman University, 2016)AEON is an abstract immersive audio-visual experience. It is study on the behavior of energy over a period of time.
- Derek O’Dell